- listen to music. Usually the soundtrack from the series I’m working on, an OST from a series, or asian pop music. Usually of the Korean or Japanese variety.
- I stick pins in my mouth. Everyone in Portal does actually.
- I sketch my own patterns using Crayola colored chalk
- I’m constantly cleaning as I work. Stray threads in the trash can, excess fabric is set aside and folded neatly, and packages are thrown away as I open them.
- I always try on pieces as I make them so I can see what I have to do next in order to achieve the final result.
- When working with appliques, bias tape, and piping, I always iron after I sew them own.