I hate pants with a fiery passion. I always feel like I’m never doing them right and patterns confuse me so much.
Initially, I was going to use my shorts pattern, the same one I used for Natsume, and widen it at the leg. But after doing some research as to how other people draft their pants, specifically, a pair of bloomers, I dug out my trusty capris, folded it in half and drew an inch around it.
Without really thinking about it, I took the design I drew on the fabric, folded the fabric over once, and cut off the extra material. Then I cut out the pattern.
To my surprise, I actually mirrored the design like you’re supposed to for left and right legs. I didn’t cut out the front of the waist which is probably what saved my butt there. Of course, later, I will cut the front lower and add a waistband.
Pinned the thing and tried it on. Moment of truth, guys.
THEY FIT. HOLY FREAKIN’ SHIT THEY FIT.
They’re too long, but I expected that since I still need to gather them below the knee to create that poof Allegretto has. Nothing has been sewn, just pinned, but I can’t start sewing until I create the ridges in the brown strip going down the side of his leg and I get rivets and triangle rings. I might have to make the rings though.
Holy crap. I’m so excited. I didn’t think this would happen.