Yesterday, I picked up the last of my materials for Lizzy. I still need to get more suiting because I don’t have enough and finally decide what buttons I’m using for the front of her dress but I’ll worry about that when Firefly Frenzy starts up in two weeks.
I got Legacy Studio bleached muslin for her undergarments to match with Ciel’s shirt, lace with pink ribbon threaded through, rose lace with a scalloped edge [which I found on sheer dumb luck but it was expensive as hell], pink ribbon, and boning. I was a quarter of a yard short but at this point, I don’t think it will make much of a difference. I know I have elastic somewhere in my stash for the drawers but I’ll find that later.
I measured and cut sections of muslin for each part: the chemise, corset, drawers, and petticoat. I’m still debating on using tulle to make the petticoat flare out; I guess I’ll see how everything turns out.
I sewed the chemise together and attached the rose lace onto the bottom. That’s about as far as I got before Laura and Sarah came over to hang out.
Hopefully today I’ll be able to finish the chemise. The most time consuming part will be creating all the ruffles, especially the ones on the shoulders.