I’d apologize for not updating but my apologizes would be wasted because… well… I do this kind of thing every summer.
Anyways, here’s a brief summary of what went down this summer:
- I attended Toycon PH 2014 as casual!Matsuoka Gou and paper boy!Ciel Phantomhive. My brother and I briefly met Jin Joson at the Warner Bros’ booth!
- I made Sokka, Azula, Iroh, and parts of Sparky Sparky Boom Man for Tokyo in Tulsa 2014. We placed third in the skit contest!
- Sokka was made using taeliac’s Faki-mono tutorial without sleeves. Chris made his boot covers himself!
- Azula was a bitch who required a lot of Wonderflex molding and painting. I’m not extremely happy with how she turned out so expect a lot of modifications to her this winter!
- Iroh was also made using taeliac’s tutorial. The hardest part was distressing red flannel for his blanket.
- Sparky Sparky Boom Man had pants that did not fit. Just when I thought I had the art of pants making down…
- I made a facebook account! You can add me as a friend but I encourage you to like my Page instead as I will be posting not only cosplay, but photography, music, and creative writing as well.
- I served as a guest judge at the Tulsa Maker Faire with my fellow Portal member, Luke, and Hikaruhime of Mythos Creations. I was Haku!
This fall, I’m busy with IRL stuff but I do have the following plans for the next two months:
- C.C.: the black lily dress from the DVD box set with Rin Hoshino as Euphemia and Savii Sunshine as Suzaku. Initially, I just wanted to take photos of Rin and Savii, but one thing led to another and now I’ve got to convince Sarah she secretly wants to be Lelouch again.
- Lucy Heartfilia: I’m doing her Heart Kreuz outfit for Halloween! Sarah will be joining me as Leo and one of my friends from school wants to be Gray.
- Ruby Rose: I’m torn between doing her Vol. 1 or alternate clothing. Kira will be Blake for Tulsa Comic Con
I’m off to go to the store and scope out the sales and buy muslin to make mock-ups of C.C.’s dress!