My C.diff cow poop piles finally dried. Yesterday, I went to flip them over but the three biggest piles were still damp on the bottom and I stuck my finger right in the middle of one of them right before I went into work.
Tip! It says right there on the canister, but acetone will clean up any expanding foam messes. I wish I knew that when I accidentally got some on the carpet of my apartment but it’s tooooo laaaaatttteeeee…
If you use acetone to take off expanding foam from your skin, do it over a sink and have warm running water nearby. When you rub the acetone on your fingers and take off the foam, you will need to wash your hands extremely well to rid your skin of acetone. Prolonged contact to any kind of chemical is not good and may cause chemical burns!
[Yes, I have a degree in chemistry. I do know what I’m talking about.]
Anyways, this morning, I was able to peel the three big piles from the wax paper. They were still a little soft in the center so I left them to air dry before I went to work. After meeting up with a friend, coincidentally to talk about getting started on a cosplay project of his own, I ate dinner and drove to the post office to pick up my wig!
It was really exciting getting the package. I’ve never had to pick up a package from the parcel locker and was giddy upon seeing the key in my mailbox. I knew I ordered a long wig and a long clip on ponytail, but seeing the box was surreal.
I opened it up when I got home and found a pretty present inside! Arda sent me a beautiful compact mirror with their logo on it and it’s perfect for touchups during an event! I will have to remember to pack it in my con box whenever I go out.
I pulled the wigs out of the box but left them in their bag to prevent them from tangling.
Then, I cleaned up my current workspace, sweeping the floors and mopping the tile. Luke left the box to his sewing machine at my house and I was going to throw it away but I taped it back together and decided to use it as my scrap bin instead.
My foam piles are flat on the bottom and rounded on top. They are much larger than the diameter I wanted but they are not spherical at all. In order to carve them into a sphere, I marked the center of each side as a point of reference. On all of my piles, the diameter marking I drew as a reference on the wax paper transferred to the underside of the foam and I also used that as a guide when carving the spheres.
Tip! As Malindachan pointed out, she used a box cutter as her main cutting tool. I did too, albeit a smaller one. In order to turn this weird pancake into a sphere, I always cut in tangental lines to my surface and moved a little bit at a time.
My first sphere barely hit the six inch diameter mark and the next two after that also barely hit their intended diameters, but I called it good enough. My biggest sphere was also my first one and I didn’t round the bottom at all because I was scared to loose too much foam from the carving process. I might leave it slightly flat just so it can rest comfortably against my upper back.
I got through six of nine balls in two hours before calling it quits. Some of them I will have to go back and continue trimming them down because they’re too big. I debated on getting another canister of foam to fill in the gaps on a couple of the spheres but I may not do that in favor of having a flat surface against my back.
In the morning before work, I’m going to see if I can finish carving the last three balls and get my braid ready for painting and stringing them together!